Dear Friend / Neighbor,
This isn’t a note asking for money. (Although feel free to donate if you want to!)
It’s about epilepsy. Because even though over 3 million Americans have it (more than Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, and Parkinson’s Disease combined), no one seems to want to talk about it.
[Insert your own story here]
Anyway, this isn’t a pity party. It’s to tell you about epilepsy and what you can do to help a person having a seizure…and maybe even save a life. Here’s some simple first aid:
1. Turn the person on his side, so he/she doesn’t choke.
2. Put something soft under his/her head.
3. Clear the area of both people and objects.
4. Do not put anything in his/her mouth.
5. And if the seizure lasts for more than three minutes, call 911.
It’s nice for someone to stick around and reassure the…
View original post 484 more words